We call upon the Government of Rwanda, the Ministry of Education and its agencies, public higher education institutions, academics and students to:
1. Adopt the use of open educational resources and open courses.
2. Establish an open education system in which students can access open courses and resources and learn independently, receive remote support and attend face-to-face sessions only when necessary.
3. Establish an open assessment system in which students in conventional system and open education students can take same assessments.
4. Establish an open certification system in which conventional students and open education students are treated equally, base on their performance.
5. Establish an open accreditation system in which students learning is accredited based on their performance reflected in the open assessment results.
With all these practices, an inclusive education can be accomplished. If you share our goal, whoever you are, wherever you are, and whatever job you do, please join us in this quest. Sign this petition and let people know about this initiative.
This will be the ninth installment of our Peeragogy PreK-16 Practitioner Support Project. Please join if you are interested in discussing implementing peeragogy within PreK-16 environment! The agenda is here https://piratenpad.de/p/Peeragogy-PreK-16-Practitioner-Support-Project if you want to add anything. Please also use the same document to take notes
Monday, the 10th to Thursday, the 13th of March
Lessons 1 – 4
- Students completed all 4 parts of the (Cambridge, 2006) TOEFL iBT Simulation Practice Test 5.
- We read and discussed the beginning of Joseph Conrad’s Heart of Darkness.
- We covered Factual and Non-Factual TOEFL Reading sections in our textbook (Heinle, 2007) textbook.
- We finished the second Advanced Integrative lesson on Maker culture and 3-D priting.
- Quiz on textbook Vocabulary Exercise 5
- Textbook: The Complete Guide to the TOEFL Test, iBT Edition by Bruce Rogers. Copyright © 2007 by Heinle, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved. ISBN: 978-1-4130-2303-9. On WorldCat < http://www.worldcat.org/oclc/758604559 >.
- TOEFL Simulations: Cambrige Preparation for the TOEFL Test, Fourth Edition, Version 1.2a by Jolene Gear & Robert Gear. Copyright © 2006 by Cambridge University Press. All rights reserved. ISBN: 978-0-521-75588-7. On WorldCat < http://www.worldcat.org/oclc/254175432 >.
- Advanced Integrative Lesson Mr. D TOEFL Advanced/Integrative Lesson | Maker Culture and 3-D Printing in Schools and Libraries (Part 2 of 2). Copyright © 2014 by Charlie Danoff. Rights available under a CC Zero 1.0 Universal (CC0 1.0) Public Domain Dedication < http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/ >. Online at < http://dalab.cc/post/78391076601/ >.
- Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad (1899). Project Gutenberg Edition (2009, 2012). Public Domain. Online at < http://www.gutenberg.org/files/219/219-h/219-h.htm >.
Resources by others and external links are Copyright by the Rights Holders, All rights reserved, unless otherwise noted.
Blog Post Text Copyright © 2014 by Charlie Danoff < http://dalab.cc >. Rights available under a CC Zero 1.0 Universal (CC0 1.0) Public Domain Dedication < http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/ >.
The class recaps below are from the TOEFL course at The College of Chicago.
TOEFL WINTER TRIMESTER 2013 – 2014 BLOCK 4
WHAT WE DID IN LESSON 15 ON 6 MAR. 2014
a | 08:30 – 12:30 | Vocabulary Exercise #3 Quiz, Peer editing of student’s essays, Student-teacher conferences on the prior day’s full TOEFL simulation, Cuisine presentations
b | 13:00 – 14:00 | Tour of the Chicago Public Library Innovation Lab seeing a maker lab and 3-D printers we read about the prior week in action; you can see pictures of the visit on our school blog here http://blog.thecollegeofchicago.com/2014/03/10/field-trip-to-harold-washington-library-about-3d-printing/
PREVIOUS LESSONS IN THIS BLOCK
a | Winter Trimester 2013 – 2014 Block 4 Lesson 1 Recap & Homework http://dalab.cc/post/76249048633/
b | Lessons 2 – 5 http://dalab.cc/post/77102158510/
c | Lesson 6 http://dalab.cc/post/77217751839/
d | Lessons 7 & 8 http://dalab.cc/post/77726426824/
e | Lesson 9 http://dalab.cc/post/77847904036/
f | Lesson 10 http://dalab.cc/post/77928734726/
g | Lessons 11 – 14 http://dalab.cc/post/78697316114/
Resource by others and external links are Copyright by the Rights Holders, All rights reserved, unless otherwise noted.
Text Copyright © 2014 by Charlie Danoff (email@example.com)/Mr. Danoff’s Teaching Laboratory (http://dalab.cc). Rights available under a CC Zero 1.0 Universal (CC0 1.0) Public Domain Dedication (http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/).
Open Education Week is RIGHT NOW! http://www.openeducationweek.org/call-for-participation/
OKFest 2014 http://2014.okfestival.org/programme/propose-a-session/ (March 16 deadline)
Wikimania 2014 http://wikimania2014.wikimedia.org/wiki/Submissions (March 31)